How Sprint pushes the envelope on paper waste

June 13, 2012 by  
Filed under Business, Eco, Green

Comments Off on How Sprint pushes the envelope on paper waste

Frustrated by slow uptake of digital billing, the telecom giant has just launched a reusable envelope for paper bills, a move that will save 400 tons of paper and more than 10 million gallons of water per year.

See the original post here:
How Sprint pushes the envelope on paper waste

Climate Earth Offers a Low-Cost Entry Point to Manage Supply Chain Impacts

August 2, 2011 by  
Filed under Business, Green

Comments Off on Climate Earth Offers a Low-Cost Entry Point to Manage Supply Chain Impacts

The San Francisco-based firm unveiled a pair of products today that help companies quickly size up their top suppliers or purchased materials for between $4,000 and $5,000.

The rest is here:
Climate Earth Offers a Low-Cost Entry Point to Manage Supply Chain Impacts

How GRI Can Bring the Other 90% of Companies to the CSR Table

August 2, 2011 by  
Filed under Business, Green

Comments Off on How GRI Can Bring the Other 90% of Companies to the CSR Table

Only 10 percent of companies in the U.S. publish a sustainability report. But as more companies learn the business case for reporting, the Global Reporting Initiative is working to make headway into the other 90 percent.

See original here:
How GRI Can Bring the Other 90% of Companies to the CSR Table

How Sustainability is Driving Growth in IT, Telecom and Cleantech

July 20, 2011 by  
Filed under Business, Eco, Green

Comments Off on How Sustainability is Driving Growth in IT, Telecom and Cleantech

The opportunities for growth made possible by sustainability put it front and center in the business strategies for these three industries. Here’s a look at how this happening.

Read the original:
How Sustainability is Driving Growth in IT, Telecom and Cleantech

Green Tech News from Earth2Tech: Zipcar IPO, Sex.com & GM’s VC Arm

June 5, 2010 by  
Filed under Eco, Green

Comments Off on Green Tech News from Earth2Tech: Zipcar IPO, Sex.com & GM’s VC Arm

The car sharing heavyweight Zipcar filed for an IPO this week , looking to raise $75 million. With a fleet of 7,000 vehicles, more than 400,000 members (who can rent the car by the hour or day), Zipcar relies on the web, software, data centers, GPS, mobile networks and other communication tools to provide mobility as a service. The founder of Match.com, and former owner of Sex.com, Gary Kremen, is now an investor in early stage greentech startups .

See the original post here:
Green Tech News from Earth2Tech: Zipcar IPO, Sex.com & GM’s VC Arm

Bad Behavior has blocked 1220 access attempts in the last 7 days.