Green For All and University of Phoenix Host Academy for Green Businesses in Washington D.C.

September 25, 2012 by  
Filed under Business, Eco, Green

Comments Off on Green For All and University of Phoenix Host Academy for Green Businesses in Washington D.C.

On Wednesday, Sept. 26 from 9:00am to 4:30pm, Green for All and University of Phoenix are teaming up to host a free workshop designed to help entrepreneurs and small businesses succeed in the green economy. During the academy, local business owners will learn about funding and incentives for green businesses, pitching their businesses, procurement, sustainability and networking with industry and community leaders. Industry leaders will be involved in panel discussions. Gilbert Campbell of Volt Energy will be the keynote speaker. Panelists may be available for interviews at the event. The event is free and open to the public but online registration is required to attend http://bit.ly/DC_GreenBiz

The rest is here:
Green For All and University of Phoenix Host Academy for Green Businesses in Washington D.C.

Let’s tell the whole story on data centers

September 25, 2012 by  
Filed under Business, Green

Comments Off on Let’s tell the whole story on data centers

Data centers may be inefficient, but that's not the whole story. If the auto industry had gotten efficient as quickly as the IT industry in the last 40 years, we'd be getting 450,000 miles to the gallon.

View post:
Let’s tell the whole story on data centers

San Francisco Bay Area Women of Wind Energy Presents CHEVRON TECH VENTURES

September 21, 2012 by  
Filed under Business, Green

Comments Off on San Francisco Bay Area Women of Wind Energy Presents CHEVRON TECH VENTURES

Come hear Alicia Boutan, Vice President Strategy, Planning and Business Development at Chevron Technology Ventures, talk about Chevron’s activities in the renewable energy space. Chevron is the largest producer of geothermal energy in the world, supplying 1,273 megawatts of installed electricity-generating capacity in Indonesia and the Philippines. In 2008, it commenced operations at Casper Wind in Wyoming. Chevron Technology Ventures developed and operates 3 solar projects in California and New Mexico. Snacks and drinks will be provided, and this will be a great opportunity to meet colleagues in the energy industry. Advance registration is required. REGISTER NOW!

Read more here:
San Francisco Bay Area Women of Wind Energy Presents CHEVRON TECH VENTURES

Zero Energy Solar Powered Building in India

December 1, 2010 by  
Filed under Eco, Green

Comments Off on Zero Energy Solar Powered Building in India

This futuristic building in South India provides a healthy and comfortable indoor environment which consumes about 60% less energy than other homes – and it receives the remaining 40% of its energy load from solar power . Called the Zero Energy Space , the building has triple-glazed UPVC windows, engineered bamboo flooring, an energy -efficient cooling system, and many more eco features. READ MORE > Permalink | Add to del.icio.us | digg Post tags: Architecture , Eco Architecture , green architecture , green design , isabelle h , UNEP , Zero energy , zero energy space

Read more:
Zero Energy Solar Powered Building in India

Bad Behavior has blocked 5587 access attempts in the last 7 days.