DADA blocks let kids build “outside the box”

February 7, 2016 by  
Filed under Green

Comments Off on DADA blocks let kids build “outside the box”

Building toys can be a great outlet for the creative child, but most of them have one big disadvantage — the blocks are usually limited to squares, rectangles, and other stiff, geometric shapes. Designer Myungsik Jang has redefined the block with DADA, a toy that uses unusual and organic shapes to unleash kids’ boundless creativity. READ MORE >

Here is the original post:
DADA blocks let kids build “outside the box”

Ergonomically-Correct ‘Wellbeing Toilet’ Helps You Poop the Right Way

February 7, 2016 by  
Filed under Green

Comments Off on Ergonomically-Correct ‘Wellbeing Toilet’ Helps You Poop the Right Way

The toilet , ubiquitous as it is, hasn’t changed much in design or function since indoor plumbing became a thing. In honor of World Toilet Day , plumbing and drain specialists Dyno-Rod decided to change that by holding a competition to create the next-generation loo prototype. The winning design is the Wellbeing Toilet – the world’s first ergonomically-correct loo. Designed by three Central Saint Martin’s (CSM) graduates, this toilet could actually reduce the risk of intestinal cancer and haemorrhoids. Read the rest of Ergonomically-Correct ‘Wellbeing Toilet’ Helps You Poop the Right Way

Continued here:
Ergonomically-Correct ‘Wellbeing Toilet’ Helps You Poop the Right Way

Researchers Tap Virus to Improve Solar Cell Efficiency By 32%

April 26, 2011 by  
Filed under Green

Comments Off on Researchers Tap Virus to Improve Solar Cell Efficiency By 32%

Photo by WarOnTomato via Flickr CC Researchers are usually figuring out how to get rid of viruses, but in an interesting twist they have figured out how to harness viruses to boost the efficiency of solar cells. Scientists at MIT have figured out how to make a genetically engineered virus help build carbon nanotubes that give solar power a push.

See the original post: 
Researchers Tap Virus to Improve Solar Cell Efficiency By 32%

Eating Vegan: The Cheese Problem

January 14, 2010 by  
Filed under Green

Comments Off on Eating Vegan: The Cheese Problem

Probably 80% of the time, when I tell someone that I’m vegan, the first words out of that person’s mouth are, “I could not live without cheese!” The other 20% are usually a comments about steak or bacon, sometimes in a mean-spirited way and sometimes not. Today, though, I wanted to talk a little about the cheese thing, since it seems to be what gets folks the most. Read more of this story »

See the rest here:
Eating Vegan: The Cheese Problem

Bad Behavior has blocked 3719 access attempts in the last 7 days.