Indian tiger population climbs by 30 percent thanks to conservation efforts

January 23, 2015 by  
Filed under Green

The wild tiger population in India has jumped from 1,706 to an estimated 2,226 since 2011, marking a 30 percent increase in numbers for the endangered big cat . As a result, India is now home to around 70 percent of the world’s tigers. That’s much better than good news; it’s downright spectacular. Read the rest of Indian tiger population climbs by 30 percent thanks to conservation efforts Permalink | Add to del.icio.us | digg Post tags: Animals , big cats , breeding , conversation , efforts , endangered , endangered species , government , Growth , habitat , increase , India , population , protection , repopulate , tigers , Wildlife

Here is the original: 
Indian tiger population climbs by 30 percent thanks to conservation efforts

Comments

Comments are closed.



Bad Behavior has blocked 1798 access attempts in the last 7 days.